Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What is in Daniel's Journal?

Before I answer the question to the title...WELCOME to my blog!

     My name is Chad Mortensen. I am an unpublished author but I am hoping to change that very soon. I have tried a few times to get my series of four books published but a lot of editing had to be done. BUT, I resubmitted my manuscript, and I should hear something by the middle of April 2012.
     The title of the series is, "An Agent In Milo's Hands" This is my first attempt at writing an adventure/fantasy novel. If any of you have ever tried to publish anything, you know how difficult it can be. I gave up for a while on this book and began working on other books. This book, however, keeps simmering in my mind. I can't let it go. 
       The publisher I worked with the most said that they liked the concept and the character development!  For now I am just getting the word out that I have a book. I hope that it will soon be available for you all to read. 

Here is the synopsis for the series:

On a very snowy evening several generation in the past, one of Daniel's great grandfathers made a horrible mistake. He had been on a business trip, leaving his very pregnant wife alone. On his way home he was stopped by a terrible blizzard on the outskirts of his village. He was stuck! He made his way to an old decrepit house. At the moment, he didn't care if everyone assumed it was evil. As he traveled across a field, he met a stranger who was also struggling to get through the blizzard. The two men decided to break into the house in search of warmth. If only they had known the consequences that awaited them. Once inside, the two men separated in search of supplies to stay warm for the night. Daniel's grandfather entered a warm room with a glowing fire. The flame was waning, so he found a log resting near the fireplace and tossed it into the sparkling coals. That was a BIG mistake! An evil hag appeared form out of nowhere. Out of rage and perhaps other motives, she cursed the intruder. The curse was to extend from generation to generation of this man's family. The grandfather and anyone else that came after him, was sentenced to helping the hag find objects that were important to her. If the objects were obtained and the curse was broken, the family had their freedom - if the curse was not broken, they would be exiled to servitude for the rest of eternity.


Here is the synopsis for the first book:

The title of the first book is, Helder. It is named for one of the characters that plays a major roll in Daniel's adventures. It starts with Daniel discovering (on his 13th birthday and seven generations after the cursing) that everyone that had been before him has failed the tasks that the hag required of them. It is now his turn to try and break the curse. He meets a man named Milo, the keeper of the tasks and creator of the worlds Daniel must travel to. Is Milo a bad guy or is he also a slave just following his masters orders, or is he something much more?  This is an adventure story with high speed twists and turns and emphasizes the power of love and treason. It is a story for all ages and focuses on the importance of family and friendship. 

Daniel must go on several mission to obtain objects that the evil hag needs for her "own purposes". He starts his first mission in a place called Anteterra, meaning (at least in my mind) "before earth". There he must find his way to an island where lives an oyster that holds a very special pearl. He meets friends along the way, one of which is a teenager named Helder (the title of the book), who help him with his task but not everyone is friendly. The pearl is a very valuable ingredient to a powerful glaze and it is very desirable. Did the hag hire other people to get the pearl in case Daniel fails, or is there someone more evil guiding Daniel's enemies? Daniel must also travel back in time to the country of Portugal where he must find a precious armillary sphere. He solicits the help of his old friend Helder but their friendship must be rebuilt due to the fact that Daniel has traveled back in time. He meets other people on this journey, but who can he trust? A man named Morten enters the search for the armillary sphere but is he helping Daniel or does it want it for himself? Is Helder different in this world or will he be true to their friendship? In the end there is betrayal, crime and a tragedy.

Now it is your turn! What do you think? Should I post a portion of the first chapter?

OH, and I titled this blog "Daniel's Journal" because it is actually my journal of the path I am on with this story. I will be posting more about the journey soon. I hope you enjoy it!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment